Pella® Impervia® Sliding Window
|2D Cross Section
|3D & BIM
|3D & BIM
- Made with Pella's patented Duracast® fiberglass composite material.
- Two- and three-panel configurations.
- Operable two-panel sizes up to 5' 11-1/2" x 5' 11-1/2".
- Operable three-panel sizes up to 8' 9-1/2" x 5' 11-1/2".
- Performance Grade up to PG50.
A local Pella team member is ready to help you with your project.
- Sizes and Shapes
- Performance Values
- Interior Finishes
- Exterior Finishes
Sizes and Shapes – Pella Impervia Sliding Window
Built-to-order in 1/4" increments.View size tables
Add transoms or adjacent windows for flexible combinations.View window combinations
Design data available for egress, vent opening, clear opening, visible glass and frame area.View design data
Learn about all Pella Sizes and Shapes
Performance Values – Pella Impervia Sliding Window
These windows provide outstanding resistance to air and water infiltration, wind and outside noise – while increasing energy efficiency, security and ease of operation.
View performance values
View thermal performance
View sound transmission performance
Optional Foam Insulation
Insulating foam inside the sash further improves energy efficiency.
Material – Pella Impervia Sliding Window
Pella Impervia windows are made from Pella's patented five-layer, engineered Duracast® fiberglass composite.
- A fiberglass composite sharing the same properties of strength, durability and temperature resistance as materials used in the aerospace industry.
- Allows Pella Impervia products to withstand extreme conditions better than windows made from other materials.
- Highly stable material won't expand, warp or sag in summer heat, or shrink and turn brittle in harsh winter conditions.
Nine times stronger than vinyl and twice as strong as aluminum.*
|Very Good||Very Good||Fair|
Withstands heat up to 200° Fand cold down to -40° F.
Low expansion and contraction rate assures consistent, weathertight seal between sash and frame.
Withstands impacts without deformation.
*In testing performed in accordance with ASTM testing standards, Pella's Duracast fiberglass composite has displayed superior performance in strength, ability to withstand extreme heat and cold, and resistance to dents and scratches.
- Unlike aluminum, which is a natural conductor, Duracast fiberglass composite offers excellent insulating properties and exceptional energy efficiency.
- The U-Factor of the Duracast fiberglass composite frame is 2.4 times better than thermally broken aluminum.
- When compared to thermally broken aluminum, Duracast fiberglass composite offers greater resistance to condensation and superior thermal comfort to those seated near windows.
- Unlike vinyl or aluminum, Duracast fiberglass composite offers low expansion and contraction rates that help ensure a consistent bond between sash and glass and a weathertight fit between sash and frame.
- Duracast fiberglass composite withstands extreme heat (up to 200 F) without warping, sagging or softening – even in dark colors. Duracast fiberglass composite withstands extreme cold (as low as -40 F), unlike vinyl, which can become brittle in extreme cold.
- Duracast fiberglass composite withstands major impacts without deformation, especially in cold weather.
- Duracast fiberglass composite features a low-maintenance, factory-applied powder-coat finish that resists chalking and fading – even in dark colors.
Learn about all Pella Materials
Interior Finishes – Pella Impervia Sliding Window
Pella Impervia sliding windows feature a low-maintenance, factory-applied powder-coat paint finish in White, Tan, Morning Sky Gray, Brown or Black.
Morning Sky Gray
Learn about all Pella Interior Finishes
Exterior Finishes – Pella Impervia Sliding Window
Pella Impervia sliding windows feature a low-maintenance, factory-applied powder-coat paint finish.
- Resists chalking and fading – even in dark colors.
- Available in White, Tan, Morning Sky Gray, Brown or Black. And Pella's dual-color option provides more style and design flexibility – the products offer a White interior with the choice of a Tan, Morning Sky Gray, Brown or Black exterior.
Morning Sky Gray
Learn about all Pella Exterior Finishes
Glazing – Pella Impervia Sliding Window
Pella Impervia sliding windows are available with a variety of insulating glass options for optimal design, performance and budget flexibility.
Insulating glass options include:
- Advanced Low-E with argon*
- SunDefense™ Low-E with argon*
- NaturalSun Low-E with argon*
Pella's Low-E glass options reduce the transmission of solar heat gain and ultraviolet light while allowing the transmission of visible light.
View thermal performance for this unit.
*Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass may not contain argon in most products.
Learn about all Pella Glass Options
Grilles – Pella Impervia Sliding Window
Pella Impervia sliding doors are available with grilles-between-the-glass that match the frame color and include a variety of grille patterns.
- Aluminum grilles with 3/4" contour are permanently sealed between the panes of insulating glass.
- Finish is color-matched to interior and exterior frame color.
*Available on windows with triple-glazing only.
Hardware – Pella Impervia Sliding Window
These windows are available with a range of hardware options and finishes to meet most design objectives and budgetary requirements.
- Surface-mounted sash locks.
- Color-matched or optional finishes.
- Nylon roller housings and metal rollers.
Morning Sky Gray
Sash Locks and Pulls
Pella cam-action locks are designed to increase leverage as the window is closed to assure a superior, weathertight seal.
- Two sash locks are installed on units 37" wide and greater.
- Integral sash pull – built into the window sash profile.
- Optional limited opening hardware.
- Standard lock hardware is finished in White, Tan, Morning Sky Gray, Brown or Matte Black to match the window color.
- Additional color options: Bright Brass, Satin Nickel and Oil-Rubbed Bronze.
This feature allows exterior glass to be cleaned from inside the building, thus reducing maintenance costs.
Learn about all Pella Hardware Options
Screens – Pella Impervia Sliding Window1
Screens fitted to each vent panel and made with conventional fiberglass screen cloth are standard for Pella Impervia sliding windows. InView™ high-transparency screen fabric is available as an option.
Available as an optional upgrade on Pella Impervia windows.
- Allows in 14% more daylight and 8% more airflow than a conventional fiberglass screen.2
- Made from a screen material that's more transparent than conventional fiberglass screens.
1Warning: Use caution when children or pets are around open windows and doors. Screens are not designed to retain children or pets.
2Screen cloth airflow is based on calculated screen cloth openness. Screen cloth transmittance was measured using an integrated sphere spectrophotometer.
Learn about all Pella Screen Options
- Window Parts
- Patio Door Parts