Pella® Impervia® Fixed Sash and Frame Window
|2D Cross Section
|2D Cross Section
- Made with Pella's patented Duracast® fiberglass composite material.
- Includes a sash and frame so fixed and operable windows look alike.
- Standard and custom sizes up to 8' 11-1/2" x 5' 11-1/2" for 1-, 2- and 3-wide units.
- Performance Grade up to PG50.
A local Pella team member is ready to help you with your project.
- Sizes and Shapes
- Performance Values
- Interior Finishes
- Exterior Finishes
Sizes and Shapes – Pella Impervia Fixed Sash and Frame Window
Built-to-order in 1/4" increments.View size tables
Add transoms or adjacent windows for flexible combinations.View window combinations
Design data available for visible glass and frame area.View design data
ShapesLearn about all Pella Sizes and Shapes
Performance Values – Pella Impervia Fixed Sash and Frame Window
Optional Foam Insulation
These windows provide outstanding resistance to air and water infiltration, wind and outside noise – while increasing energy efficiency, security and ease of operation.
View performance values
View thermal performance
View sound transmission performance
Insulating foam inside the sash further improves energy efficiency.
Material – Pella Impervia Fixed Sash and Frame Window
- Pella Impervia windows are made from Pella's patented five-layer, engineered Duracast® fiberglass composite.
- A fiberglass composite sharing the same properties of strength, durability and temperature resistance as materials used in the aerospace industry.
- Allows Pella Impervia products to withstand extreme conditions better than windows made from other materials.
- Highly stable material won't expand, warp or sag in summer heat, or shrink and turn brittle in harsh winter conditions.
Nine times stronger than vinyl and twice as strong as aluminum.*
|Very Good||Very Good||Fair|
Withstands heat up to 200° F and cold down to -40° F.
Low expansion and contraction rate assures consistent, weathertight seal between sash and frame.
Withstands impacts without deformation.
*In testing performed in accordance with ASTM testing standards, Pella's Duracast fiberglass composite has displayed superior performance in strength, ability to withstand extreme heat and cold, and resistance to dents and scratches.
- Unlike aluminum, which is a natural conductor, Duracast fiberglass composite offers excellent insulating properties and exceptional energy efficiency.
- The U-Factor of the Duracast frame is 2.4 times better than thermally broken aluminum.
- When compared to thermally broken aluminum, Duracast offers greater resistance to condensation and superior thermal comfort to those seated near windows.
- Unlike vinyl or aluminum, Duracast fiberglass composite offers low expansion and contraction rates that help ensure a consistent bond between sash and glass and a weathertight fit between sash and frame.
- Duracast withstands extreme heat (up to 200 F) without warping, sagging or softening – even in dark colors.
- Duracast withstands extreme cold (as low as -40 F), unlike vinyl, which can become brittle in extreme cold.
- Duracast fiberglass composite withstands major impacts without deformation, especially in cold weather.
- Duracast features a low-maintenance, factory-applied powder-coat finish that resists chalking and fading – even in dark colors.
Learn about all Pella Materials
Interior Finishes – Pella Impervia Fixed Sash and Frame Window
Pella Impervia fixed sash and frame windows feature a low-maintenance, factory-applied powder-coat paint finish in White, Tan, Morning Sky Gray, Brown or Black.
Morning Sky Gray
Learn about all Pella Interior Finishes
Exterior Finishes – Pella Impervia Fixed Sash and Frame Window
- Pella Impervia fixed sash and frame windows feature a low-maintenance, factory-applied powder-coat paint finish.
- Resists chalking and fading – even in dark colors.
- Available in White, Tan, Morning Sky Gray, Brown or Black. And Pella's dual-color option provides more style and design flexibility – the products offer a White interior with the choice of a Tan, Morning Sky Gray, Brown or Black exterior.
Morning Sky Gray
Learn about all Pella Exterior Finishes
Glazing – Pella Impervia Fixed Sash and Frame Window
- Unlike aluminum systems that are glazed in the field, fixed frames are glazed in a controlled factory environment – maximizing quality while reducing field installation time
- A variety of insulating glass options are available for optimal design, performance and budget flexibility
Insulating glass options include:
- Advanced Low-E with argon*
- SunDefense™ Low-E with argon*
- NaturalSun Low-E with argon*
Pella's Low-E glass options reduce the transmission of solar heat gain and ultraviolet light while allowing the transmission of visible light.
View thermal performance for this unit
*Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass may not contain argon in most products.
Learn about all Pella Glass Options
Grilles – Pella Impervia Fixed Sash and Frame Window
Pella Impervia fixed sash and frame windows are available with grilles-between-the-glass that match the frame color and include a variety of grille patterns.
- Aluminum grilles with 3/4" contour are permanently sealed between the panes of insulating glass.
- Finish is color-matched to interior and exterior frame color.
*Available on windows with triple-glazing only.Learn about all Pella Grille Options
Hardware – Pella Impervia Fixed Sash and Frame Window
Hardware is not needed on fixed windows.
Screens – Pella Impervia Fixed Sash and Frame Window
Screens are not used on fixed windows.
- Window Parts
- Patio Door Parts