Designer Series® Fixed Sash and Frame Window
|2D Cross Section
|3D & BIM
|Design and Performance
|Thermal and Sound
- Available with triple-pane glass and removable between-the-glass options.
- Complements Designer Series operable windows.
- Custom fixed sizes up to 4' 11" x 6' 1".
- Performance Grade up to PG70.
A local Pella team member is ready to help you with your project.
- Sizes and Shapes
- Performance Values
- Wood Types
- Interior Finishes
- Exterior Finishes
- Between-the-Glass Options
Sizes and Shapes – Designer Series Fixed Sash and Frame Window
Built-to-order in 1/4" increments.View size tables
Add transoms or adjacent windows for flexible combinations.View window combinations
Design data available for egress, vent opening, clear opening, visible glass and frame area.View design data
Learn about all Pella Sizes and Shapes
Performance Values – Designer Series Fixed Frame Window
These windows provide outstanding resistance to air and water infiltration, wind and outside noise – while increasing energy efficiency, security and ease of operation.Interior Glazed, glazing performance
Exterior Glazed, glazing performance
Hurricane Shield® glazing performance
View sound transmission performance
Wood Types – Designer Series Fixed Sash and Frame Window
Designer Series fixed sash and frame windows are available with Pine interiors and low-maintenance aluminum-clad Pine exteriors. All wood types are treated with Pella's EnduraGuard® wood protection for beauty and performance...year after year.
Pella's EnduraGuard® wood protection formula has three active ingredients. This powerful combination, together with our immersion-treatment method, helps ensure strong protection on every exterior wood surface of our products. The result is advanced protection against the effects of moisture, decay and stains from mold and mildew.
Learn about all Pella Wood Types
Interior Finishes – Designer Series Fixed Sash and Frame Window
Interior finish options include unfinished (ready for site finishing), primed, prefinished paint* and prefinished stain*.
Wood products are available with unfinished interiors so they can be painted or stained to complement other interior finishes.
Primed Pine interiors are ready to paint – so the windows can perfectly match other painted interior finishes.
Prefinished Painted Interiors*
Wood window can arrive at the job site with a durable prefinished factory-paint finish.
Prefinished Stained Interiors*
The interiors of Pella Designer Series wood windows are available factory-stained in your choice of nine colors. Between-the-glass grilles will also arrive stain-matched to the window frame and sash.
*Available on Pine products
NOTE: Wood is a product of nature; grain pattern will be unique and may vary on each window or door. Actual finish colors may vary from those shown because of the unique nature of wood.
Learn about all Pella Interior Finishes
Exterior Finishes – Designer Series Fixed Sash and Frame Window
Pella Designer Series fixed sash and frame windows offer a range of aluminum-clad wood exterior options.
Exterior Aluminum-Cladding Colors
Morning Sky Gray
Pella gives you an extraordinary number of exterior color choices.
- Standard and Feature colors.
- Custom colors to match virtually any color you select.2
- No setup charges or minimum quantities for any Pella color option.
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with Pella's high performance EnduraClad® protective finishes or EnduraClad Plus protective exterior finishes to help keep your vision fresh and crisp for years.
- Durable, low-maintenance EnduraClad aluminum cladding with EnduraClad protective finish for most projects where resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and abrasion is needed. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2603.
- Seacoast EnduraClad protective finish for coastal projects with high salt exposure.
- 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus1 protective finish for select projects, where a high degree of resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and corrosion is needed – and only full-strength 70% fluoropolymer resin finishes can deliver. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2605.
1EnduraClad Plus finish is available with most Pella cladding colors. Please see your local Pella representative for specific color availability.
2For Custom colors, please supply your Pella representative with a 1" x 1" color sample.
Learn about all Pella Exterior Finishes
Glazing – Designer Series Fixed Sash and Frame Window
These products come standard with triple-pane glass.
Designer Series Exclusive Glazing System
- Pella Designer Series windows with triple-pane glass are 53%–74% more energy-efficient than single-pane windows.4
Glass options include:
- Advanced Low-E with argon3
- SunDefense™ Low-E with argon3
- NaturalSun Low-E with argon3
1Designer Series windows with Advanced Low-E triple-pane glass have superior NFRC U-Factors and SHGC ratings.
2When compared to top national wood brands with similar glazing, Pella's triple-pane glass significantly reduces sound transmission.
3Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass may not contain argon in most products.
4Improved window energy efficiency calculated in a computer simulation using RESFEN 5.0 default parameters for a 2,000-square-foot existing single-story home when comparing a Pella Designer Series wood window with InsulShield® Advanced Low-E triple-pane glass with argon to a single-pane wood or vinyl window. For details, see pella.com/methodology.
View thermal performance
Learn about all Pella Glass Options
Between-the-Glass Options – Designer Series Fixed Sash and Frame Window
- Cordless between-the-glass blinds, fabric shades and grilles are available.
- Removable between-the-glass window treatments arrive custom-fit and installed – a superior value when compared to other aluminum or wood windows with roomside window treatments.
- Removable between-the-glass options are especially applicable for projects such as health care and school facilities where damage to roomside window treatments is more common.
- Putting blinds between the glass provides light control while protecting them from dust and damage, thereby saving on cleaning, maintenance and replacement costs.
- The smooth glass surface creates additional display space for student artwork and graphics.
- The addition of between-the-glass blinds or shades lowers U-Factors and reduces solar heat gain.
- View between-the-glass thermal performance
- Between-the-glass blinds are available motorized with Pella® Insynctive® Technology.
Triple-Glazing – Between-the-Glass Options
Blinds or Fabric Shades
Grilles and Blinds
Grilles and Fabric Shades
- Tilt-only Slimshade® blinds are a great solution for projects where raise-and-lower functionality is not required.
- Raise-and-lower Slimshade blinds feature a Pella-patented cordless operator – a single sliding handle – to raise, lower and tilt blinds.
- Reduce indoor allergens. Windows with ordinary roomside blinds accumulate 10 times more of certain airborne allergens than Pella Designer Series windows with between-the-glass blinds.*
Between-the-glass fabric shades are available in several fabrics, offering various levels of transparency, energy efficiency and sound absorption. Room-darkening fabrics are also available.
- White exterior fabric creates an attractive, uniform look from the street.
- Pella-patented cordless operator – a single sliding handle – raises and lowers shades.
- Cotton, Oyster, and Bamboo fabric shades are room darkening – suitable for rooms with audio visual equipment.
The exterior side of the grille matches the color of the aluminum cladding, and the interior side of the grille is available in unfinished wood, primed, or prefinished paint or stain.
Learn about all Pella Between-the-Glass Options
Grilles – Designer Series Fixed Sash and Frame Window
These are the only Pella awning windows with the option of removable between-the-glass grilles, which can be removed for access to blinds or shades for glass cleaning.
Grilles can be removed to get access to other Designer Series window fashions, like blinds or shades, for cleaning or to change the look.
- Between-the-glass grilles may be used in conjunction with between-the-glass blinds or fabric shades.
- Interior is available in unfinished wood, primed, White or matched to prefinished stains.
- Exterior finish matches aluminum cladding.
- Grilles can be removed to access blinds or shades and for glass cleaning.
- Grilles are 3/4" wide.
- Special grille patterns are available.
3/4" Removable Between-the-Glass-Grilles
Hardware – Designer Series Fixed Sash and Frame Window
Hardware is not used on fixed sash and frame windows.
Screens – Designer Series Fixed Sash and Frame Window
Screens are not used on fixed sash and frame windows.
- Window Parts
- Patio Door Parts