Architect Series® Contemporary
Fixed Frame Window
|2D Cross Section
|3D & BIM
- Available in three wood types: Pine, Mahogany, and Douglas Fir.
- Interior-glazed or exterior-glazed rectangular aluminum-clad wood frames.
- Expansive glass without compromising energy efficiency.
A local Pella team member is ready to help you with your project.
- Sizes and Shapes
- Performance Values
- Wood Types
- Interior Finishes
- Exterior Finishes
- Impact Resistant
Sizes and Shapes – Architect Series Contemporary Fixed Frame Window
Rectangular Fixed Frame Windows with Exterior Glazing Stops
Rectangular exterior-glazed aluminum-clad wood fixed frames are available so broken glass can be replaced from the exterior.Exterior Glazed size tables
Interior Glazed size tables
Performance Values – Architect Series Contemporary Fixed Frame Window
These windows provide outstanding resistance to air and water infiltration, wind and outside noise – while increasing energy efficiency, security and ease of operation.View performance values
Interior Glazed, glazing performance
Exterior Glazed, glazing performance
View sound transmission performance
Wood Types – Architect Series Contemporary Fixed Frame Window
Architect Series Contemporary fixed frame windows are available in three different wood types to complement other wood design elements in your project. All wood types are treated with Pella's EnduraGuard® wood protection for beauty and performance...year after year.
Pella's EnduraGuard® wood protection formula has three active ingredients. This powerful combination, together with our immersion-treatment method, helps ensure strong protection on every exterior wood surface of our products. The result is advanced protection against the effects of moisture, decay and stains from mold and mildew.
Because we're always working to further refine our products and develop new ones, specifications may change without notice.
NOTE: Wood is a product of nature; grain pattern will be unique and may vary on each window or door. Actual finish colors may vary from those shown because of the unique nature of wood.
Learn about all Pella Wood Types
Interior Finishes – Architect Series Contemporary Fixed Frame Window
Interior finish options include unfinished (ready for site finishing), primed, prefinished paint* and prefinished stain*.
Wood products are available with unfinished interiors so they can be painted or stained to complement other interior finishes.
Primed Pine interiors are ready to paint – so that the windows can perfectly match other painted interior finishes.
Prefinished Painted Interiors*
Wood windows can arrive at the job site with a durable prefinished factory-paint finish.
Prefinished Stained Interiors*
The interiors of Pella Architect Series wood windows are available factory-stained in your choice of nine colors.
*Available on Pine products.
Learn about all Pella Interior Finishes
Exterior Finishes – Architect Series Contemporary Fixed Frame Window
A range of aluminum-clad exterior finish options are available to match your design and performance needs.
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with durable, weather-resistant, low-maintenance coatings – choose EnduraClad® or 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus1 finishes.
Exterior Aluminum-Cladding Colors
Morning Sky Gray
Pella gives you an extraordinary number of exterior color choices.
- 27 standard colors.
- Custom colors to match virtually any color you select.2
- No setup charges or minimum quantities for any Pella color option.
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with Pella's high performance EnduraClad® protective finishes or EnduraClad Plus protective exterior finishes to help keep your vision fresh and crisp for years.
- Durable, low-maintenance EnduraClad aluminum cladding with EnduraClad protective finish for most projects where resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and abrasion is needed. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2603.
- Seacoast EnduraClad protective finish for coastal projects with high salt exposure.
- 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus1 protective finish for select projects, where a high degree of resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and corrosion is needed – and only full-strength 70% fluoropolymer resin finishes can deliver. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2605.
1EnduraClad Plus finish is available with most Pella cladding colors. Please see your local Pella representative for specific color availability.
2For Custom colors, please supply your Pella representative with a 1" x 1" color sample.
Learn about all Pella Exterior Finishes
Glazing – Architect Series Contemporary Fixed Frame Window
Pella's widest variety of glazing systems and options provide optimal design, performance and budget flexibility.
Insulating glass options include:
- Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Krypton or Argon
- Advanced Low-E with argon*
- SunDefense™ Low-E with argon*
- NaturalSun Low-E with argon*
- AdvancedComfort Low-E with argon*
Thermal performanceInterior Glazed, glazing performance
Exterior Glazed, glazing performance
*Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass may not contain argon in most products.
Learn about all Pella Glass Options
Impact-Resistant Glass – Architect Series Contemporary Fixed Frame Window
Ideal for projects in locations that endure hurricane-force winds or where additional security or noise reduction is desired.
- Aluminum-clad wood exteriors.
- Sizes up to 10' high.
- Built to order in 1/8" increments.
- Clear, Low-E or tinted impact-resistant insulating glass.
- Missile D, Wind Zone 4 performance is standard.
Learn about Pella Impact-Resistant Products
Grilles – Architect Series Traditional Fixed Frame Window
Two grille types are available on Architect Series Contemporary fixed frame windows.
- Integral Light Technology® Grilles come in a square profile matching contemporary product; adhered to the exterior and interior face.
- Grilles-between-the-glass are permanent aluminum grilles that are factory installed between the panes of glass to provide easy cleaning.
Integral Light Technology® Grilles
Integral Light Technology® (ILT) Grilles
Combine the classic look of true divided lights with today's energy efficiency, structural integrity and water-resistant performance.
- Grilles are adhered to the outside of the glass – wood on the interior and aluminum on the exterior.
- Between-the-glass nonglare spacers, which are aligned with the interior and exterior grilles, replicate the appearance of true divided lights.
1 1/4" Grilles
Permanent aluminum grilles are factory-installed inside the airspace of insulating glass to provide the look of divided lights while making glass cleaning easy.
- Exterior finish matches aluminum-cladding color.
- Eight interior colors are available.
- Grilles are 3/4" wide.
Grille Interior Colors
*Available with matching exterior grille color only.
Learn about all Pella Grille Options
Hardware – Architect Series Contemporary Fixed Frame Window
Hardware is not used on fixed frame windows.
Screens – Architect Series Contemporary Fixed Frame Window
Screens are not used on fixed frame windows.
- Window Parts
- Patio Door Parts