Pella® 450 Series Double-Hung Windows
|Specifications & Downloads|
|2D Cross Section
- Sizes and Shapes
- Performance Values
- Wood Types
- Interior Finishes
- Exterior Finishes
Sizes and Shapes – Pella ProLine Double-Hung Window
- Built-to-order in 1/4" increments
- View size tables
- Add transoms or adjacent windows for flexible combinations
- View window combinations
- Design data available for egress, vent opening, clear opening, visible glass and frame area
- View design data.
Performance Values – Pella ProLine Double-Hung Window
These windows provide outstanding resistance to air and water infiltration, wind and outside noise – while increasing energy efficiency, security and ease of operation.View performance valuesView thermal performanceView sound transmission performance
Wood Types – Pella ProLine 450 Series Double-Hung Window
Available with Pine interiors and low-maintenance aluminum-clad exteriors. All wood types are treated with Pella's EnduraGuard® wood protection for beauty and performance...year after year.
Pella's EnduraGuard® wood protection formula has three active ingredients. This powerful combination, together with our immersion-treatment method, helps ensure strong protection on every exterior wood surface of our products. The result is advanced protection against the effects of moisture, decay and stains from mold and mildew.
Learn more about all Pella Wood Types
Interior Finishes – Pella ProLine Double-Hung Window
Interior finish options include unfinished (ready for site finishing), primed, prefinished paint* and prefinished stain*.
Wood products are available with unfinished interiors so they can be painted or stained to complement other interior finishes.
Primed Pine interiors are ready to paint – so the windows can perfectly match other painted interior finishes.
Prefinished Painted Interiors*
Wood window can arrive at the job site with a durable prefinished factory-paint finish.
Prefinished Stained Interiors*
The interiors of Pella ProLine windows are available factory-stained in your choice of eight colors.
*Available on Pine products.
NOTE: Wood is a product of nature; grain pattern will be unique and may vary on each window or door. Actual finish colors may vary from those shown because of the unique nature of wood.
Learn more about all Pella's Interior Finishes
Exterior Finishes – Pella ProLine Double-Hung Window
Pella ProLine double-hung windows feature durable, weather-resistant, low-maintenance aluminum-clad wood exteriors.
Exterior Aluminum Cladding Colors
Morning Sky Gray
Durable, low-maintenance EnduraClad aluminum cladding with EnduraClad protective finish for most projects where resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and abrasion is needed. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2603.
Seacoast EnduraClad protective finish for coastal projects with high salt exposure.
2Available in Poplar White, Putty, Hartford Green, Black and Brick Red only.
Learn more about all Pella Exterior Finishes
Glazing – Pella ProLine Double-Hung Window
Pella offers their most popular insulating glass options for design, performance and budget flexibility.
Insulating glass options include:
- Advanced Low-E with argon*
- SunDefense™ Low-E with argon*
- NaturalSun Low-E with argon*
- Advanced Comfort
Pella's Low-E glass options reduce the transmission of solar heat gain and ultraviolet light while allowing the transmission of visible light.
*Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass may not contain argon in most products.View thermal performance
Learn more about all Pella Glass Options
Grilles – Pella ProLine Double-Hung Window
- Three grille types are available on Pella ProLine hung windows.
- Simulated-Divided-Light grilles adhere to the exterior face, and wood grilles are adhered to the interior face
- Grilles-between-the-glass are permanent aluminum grilles that are factory installed between the panes of glass to provide easy cleaning
- Removable Interior grilles can be removed for glass cleaning
- Simulated-Divided-Light grilles with Spacer
Removable Interior Grilles
Simulated-Divided-Light Grilles with Spacer
Interior grilles are wood and can be prefinished to match frame. Aluminum-clad exterior grilles match frame color.
- Grilles are 7/8" wide
- Color matches frame
- Multiple grille patterns are available
Top Sash Only
Top Sash Only
Permanent aluminum grilles are factory-installed inside the airspace of insulating glass to provide the look of divided lights while making glass cleaning easy.
- Exterior finish matches aluminum-cladding color
- Seven interior colors are available
- Grilles are 3/4" wide
Top Sash Only
Grille Interior Colors
Removable interior grilles
- Roomside wood interior grilles are securely attached to the interior, but can be removed for glass cleaning
- Available prefinished to match the interior wood finish and exterior cladding
- Available in two standard and custom widths
Also available in custom widths.
Learn more about all Pella Grille Options
Hardware – Pella ProLine Double-Hung Window
These windows offer Pella's most popular window hardware styles and finishes.
- Surface-mounted sash locks
- Optional sash lifts
- Block-and-tackle balances
Sash Locks and Lifts
- Pella cam-action locks are designed to increase leverage as the window is closed to assure a superior, weathertight seal.
- Two sash locks and lifts are standard on larger double-hung windows
- Optional keyed locks and limited-opening hardware are available
- Champagne, White, Brown, Bright Brass, Satin Nickel and Oil-Rubbed Bronze* finishes are available
The easy wash feature allows exterior glass to be cleaned from inside, reducing maintenance costs.
*Oil-Rubbed Bronze is a living finish that will develop its own unique patina with use.
Learn more about all Pella Hardware Options
Screens – Pella ProLine Double-Hung Window1
Full screens are optional for Pella ProLine double-hung windows. Two types of high-transparency screen fabric are available.
- The standard option on all Pella wood windows
- Allows in 14% more daylight and 8% more airflow than a conventional fiberglass screen2
- Made from a screen material that's more transparent than conventional fiberglass screens
Vivid View® Screen
- Available as an upgrade on all Pella wood windows
- Allows in 29% more light and 21% more airflow than a conventional fiberglass screen2
- Made from a clearly revolutionary screen material3 that's practically invisible – providing the crispest, sharpest view
1Warning: Use caution when children or pets are around open windows and doors. Screens are not designed to retain children or pets.
2Screen cloth airflow is based on calculated screen cloth openness. Screen cloth transmittance was measured using an integrated sphere spectrophotometer.
3GORE™ InLighten® Transparent Screen Fabric.
Learn more about all Pella Screen Options