Architect Series® Reserve™
Custom Window Solutions
- Available in many wood types: Pine, Mahogany, Douglas Fir, White Oak, Red Oak, Cherry and Maple.
- Custom sizes, shapes and grille patterns.
- Broad range of glass options to meet your specific aesthetic or energy needs – including impact-resistant, stained or leaded glass.
- Virtually unlimited exterior and a variety of interior finish options.
A local Pella team member is ready to help you with your project.
- Performance Values
- Wood Types
- Interior Finishes
- Exterior Finishes
- Impact Resistant
Performance Values – Architect Series Reserve Custom Window Solutions
Custom window performance varies by product type based on a variety of attributes.
All custom products meet a minimum Performance Grade of PG20 based on design and on-line testing in our facilities. Most custom products are not WDMA Hallmark certified or NFRC certified. Either of these certifications can be obtained on a project basis if required. Please contact your local Pella sales representative for more information.
Wood Types – Architect Series Reserve Custom Window Solutions
Architect Series products are available in Mahogany, Douglas Fir or Pine. White Oak, Red Oak, Cherry and Maple are some of the additional options available on a custom basis. Please contact your local Pella representative for details.
All wood types are treated with Pella's EnduraGuard® wood protection so you can expect years of dependable performance.
Unfinished Pine windows offer a versatile grain pattern, making them the perfect blank canvas – they can be finished in a light color for a fresh, modern look. Or they can be stained a rich color to resemble darker woods.
Douglas Fir windows have a beautifully distinct grain pattern. But their beauty is more than skin deep. Douglas Fir is known for its extra strength and durability.
For centuries, it has been sought after for its warm, rich color. Today, Pella brings the fine-furniture elegance of Mahogany to life. Now the windows can blend tastefully with other Mahogany woods in a building – including millwork, doors, furniture and floors.
Naturally hard and weather resistant. Architect Series White Oak windows and doors have a straighter, tighter grain pattern than Red Oak. The color ranges from a dark gray to a whitish-gray and its glassy surface makes staining more consistent.
Legendary strength and durability. Used for generations in millwork, furniture, and floors, Pella brings the beautiful strength and durability of Red Oak to Architect Series windows and doors. Red Oak has a slightly pink tone in its raw form and boasts a broad-grained pattern that allows stain to sink in, highlighting the grain even more.
Sturdy and resilient. Architect Series Maple windows and doors offer a tight, closed finely grain pattern. It's smooth texture moves in the same direction as the grain. The basic tone is off-white, often with slight reddish tint.
A luxurious wood that ages beautifully. Architect Series Cherry windows and doors have a satiny-smooth texture and rich, warm color with light to darker tones of red. The intensity of the color builds with time and exposure to light and will deepen to a rich wine color over time.
Pella EnduraGuard wood protection offers advanced protection against the effects of moisture.
Here's the difference:
- Pella's EnduraGuard® protection formula has three active ingredients to provide advanced protection against the effects of moisture, decay, stains from mold and mildew. Plus an additional ingredient adds protection against termite damage.
- EnduraGuard wood protection has a greater concentration of protective ingredients compared to major competitors using immersion treatments.1
NOTE: Wood is a product of nature; grain pattern will be unique and may vary on each window or patio door. Actual finish colors may vary from those shown due to the unique nature of wood.
1Based on the average measurement of retained active anti-fungal ingredients and performance solids (Borates and Trialkyl Nitrogen Oxides) on sashes and frames of major competitors using immersion treatment.
Learn about all Pella Wood Types
Interior Finishes – Architect Series Reserve Custom Window Solutions
Interior finish options include unfinished (ready for site finishing), primed, prefinished paint* and prefinished stain*.
Additional finish options are available regionally on a custom basis. Please contact your local Pella sales representative for details.
Unfinished interiors can be painted or stained to complement other interior finishes.
Primed Pine interiors are ready to paint – so that the windows can match other painted interior finishes.
Prefinished Painted Interiors*
Wood windows can arrive at the job site with a durable prefinished factory-paint finish.
Prefinished Stained Interiors
Architect Series Reserve wood window interiors are available factory-stained in your choice of eleven colors. Additional finish options are available regionally on a custom basis. Please contact your local Pella sales representative for details.
*Available on Pine products.
NOTE: Wood is a product of nature; grain pattern will be unique and may vary on each window or door. Actual finish colors may vary from those shown because of the unique nature of wood.
Learn about all Pella Interior Finishes
Exterior Finishes – Architect Series Reserve Custom Window Solutions
Custom windows are available with a wide range of aluminum-clad wood and wood exterior options.
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with durable, weather-resistant, low-maintenance coatings – choose EnduraClad®, 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus1, or Anodized finishes.
Primed and ready-to-paint or unfinished wood exteriors are also available.
Exterior Aluminum Cladding Paint Colors
Morning Sky Gray
Exterior Aluminum-Cladding Anodized Finishes
Custom Medium Bronze
Pella gives you an extraordinary number of exterior color choices.
- 27 standard paint colors.
- Custom colors to match virtually any color you select.2
- 4 standard and 4 custom anodized finishes.
- No setup charges or minimum quantities for any Pella finish option.
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with Pella's high performance EnduraClad®, EnduraClad Plus, or Anodized protective exterior finishes to help keep your vision fresh and crisp for years.
- Durable, low-maintenance EnduraClad aluminum cladding with EnduraClad protective finish for most projects where resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and abrasion is needed. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2603.
- Seacoast EnduraClad protective finish for coastal projects with high salt exposure.
- 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus1 protective finish for select projects, where a high degree of resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and corrosion is needed – and only full-strength 70% fluoropolymer resin paints can deliver. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2605.
- Anodized aluminum protective exterior finish, for projects that require a finish that will never chalk, flake, or blister, with a clean matte or metallic look. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 611 for Class I Anodized.3
Pella Architect Series® Reserve windows are the only Pella windows to offer the option of unfinished wood exteriors, along with primed wood exteriors.
- Unfinished Mahogany exteriors – can be stained or painted.
- Primed Pine or Mahogany exteriors – ready for final site finishing.
Primed (Pine or Mahogany)
1EnduraClad Plus finish is available with most Pella cladding colors. Please see your local Pella sales representative for specific color availability.
2For Custom colors, please supply your local Pella representative with a 1" x 1" color sample.
3Anodized product is not covered by warranty in seacoast applications.
Learn about all Pella Exterior Finishes
Glazing – Architect Series Reserve Custom Window Solutions
Custom windows are available with a wide range of single-, double- and triple-pane glazing options.
Glass options include:
- Advanced Low-E with argon*
- SunDefense™ Low-E with argon*
- NaturalSun Low-E with argon*
- Sound Control
- Spandrel glass or panels
- Leaded glass
- Stained glass
*Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass may not contain argon in most products.
Learn about all Pella Glass Options
Impact-Resistant Glass – Architect Series Reserve Hung Window
These hung windows are ideal for projects in locations that endure hurricane-force winds or where additional security or noise reduction is desired.
- Sizes up to 7' high.
- Built to order in 1/8" increments.
- Clear, Low-E or tinted impact-resistant insulating glass.
- Brace clips and other visible reinforcement not required.
- Missile D, Wind Zone 3 performance is standard.
- Achieves performance ratings of 55/-60 pounds per square foot (psf) in sizes up to 41" w x 84" h, 45" w x 77" h, 48" w x 71" h, 52" w x 65" h and 60/-75 psf on sizes below 33" w x 53" h.
Learn about Pella Impact-Resistant Products
Grilles – Architect Series Reserve Custom Window Solutions
A wide variety of grille options are available to meet any historical or contemporary design objective and budget requirement, including custom patterns:
- Integral Light Technology® (ILT) grilles.
- Removable interior wood grilles.
Some examples of the types, profiles and patterns are shown below.
Grille Types and Profiles
(Ogee and Putty Glaze profiles)
(Ogee and Putty Glaze profiles)
(Ogee profile only)
1-1/4" Removable Interior Wood Grilles
3/4" Removable Interior Wood Grilles
3/4" Aluminum Grilles-Between-The-Glass
Permanent aluminum grilles are factory-installed inside the airspace of insulating glass to provide the look of divided lights while making glass cleaning easy.
- Exterior finish matches aluminum-cladding color.
- Seven interior colors are available.
- Grilles are 3/4" wide.
A variety of popular patterns are shown below. Custom patterns are also available. Pella can design one for you, or you can design one of your own. Please contact your local Pella sales representative for details.
Learn about all Pella Grille Options
Hardware – Architect Series Reserve Custom Window Solutions
Operable custom windows are available with a broad range of innovative hardware styles and finishes to meet most design objectives and budgetary requirements.
Learn about all Pella Hardware Options
Screens – Architect Series Reserve Custom Window Solutions
Screens for operable custom windows offer design teams many unique features and benefits.
Screen Frame Finishes
- Optional wood veneered screens can be stained to seamlessly blend in with the interior casement and awning window finishes.
- For standard and optional screen types, refer to individual product pages.
*Warning: Use caution when children or pets are around open windows and doors. Screens are not designed to retain children or pets.
- Window Parts
- Patio Door Parts