Pella® Lifestyle Series Awning Window
|2D Cross Section
|Design and Performance
|Thermal and Sound
- Dual- and triple-pane glass available.
- Performance solutions available.
- Dual-pane awnings in operable sizes up to 53" x 29" with jamb operator. Triple-pane awnings in operable sizes up to 59" x 59" with sill operator.
- SureLock System pulls the window sash tightly against the weatherstripping to create a stronger seal.
- Limited opening hardware available.
A local Pella team member is ready to help you with your project.
- Sizes and Shapes
- Performance Values
- Wood Types
- Interior Finishes
- Exterior Finishes
- Between-the-Glass Options
Sizes and Shapes – Pella Lifestyle Series Awning Window
Standard awnings are available in operable sizes up to 4' 5" wide x 2' 5" high. The operator is at the jamb and the locking system is at the sill.
Large awnings are available in operable sizes up to 4' 11" wide x 4' 11" high. The operator is at the sill and the locking system is at the jambs.
Built-to-order in 1/4" increments.View size tables
Add transoms or adjacent windows for flexible combinations.
Design data available for egress, vent opening, clear opening, visible glass and frame area.View design data
Learn about all Pella Sizes and Shapes
Performance Values – Pella Lifestyle Series Awning Window
These windows provide outstanding resistance to air and water infiltration, wind and outside noise – while increasing energy efficiency, security and ease of operation.View performance values
View thermal performance
View sound transmission performance
Upgrade from a dual-pane glass design with the packages below to meet the unique needs of your project.
- 77% more energy efficient1 + 34% noise reduction2
- A triple-pane glass design for a combination of improved energy-efficiency and sound performance.
- 52% noise reduction2
- Triple-pane glass design featuring mixed glass thicknesses for enhanced sound dampening.
- 83% more energy efficient1
- A triple-pane glass design with upgraded AdvancedComfort Low-E glass for enhanced energy efficiency.
- 79% more energy efficient1 + 52% noise reduction2
- Featuring AdvancedComfort Low-E triple-pane glass and mixed glass thicknesses for the best energy and sound performance option.
3Window energy efficiency calculated in a computer simulation using RESFEN 6.0 default parameters for a 2000 sq. foot new construction single-story home when Pella Lifestyle Series windows with the respective performance package are compared to a single-pane wood or vinyl window. The energy efficiency and actual savings will vary by location. The average window energy efficiency is based on a national average of 94 modeled cities across the country and weighting based on population. For more details see pella.com/methodology.
4Reduction in sound based on OITC ratings of Pella Lifestyle Series windows with respective performance package compared to a single-pane wood or vinyl window with an OITC of 19. Calculated by using the sound transmission loss values in the 80 to 4000 Hz range as measured in accordance with ASTM E-90(09). Actual results may vary.
Wood Types – Pella Lifestyle Series Awning Window
Pella Lifestyle Series awning windows are available with Pine interiors and low-maintenance aluminum-clad Pine exteriors. All wood types are treated with Pella's EnduraGuard® wood protection so you can expect years of dependable performance.
Pella's exclusive EnduraGuard® wood protection is applied after pieces are cut and milled, prior to assembly. It provides advanced protection against the effects of moisture, decay, stains from mold and mildew – as well as termite damage.
Pella's EnduraGuard® wood protection formula has three active ingredients. This powerful combination, together with our immersion-treatment method, helps ensure strong protection on every exterior wood surface of our products.
Learn about all Pella Wood Types
Interior Finishes – Pella Lifestyle Series Awning Window
Interior finish options include unfinished (ready for site finishing), primed, prefinished paint* and prefinished stain*.
Wood products are available with unfinished interiors so they can be painted or stained to complement other interior finishes.
Primed Pine interiors are ready to paint – so the windows can perfectly match other painted interior finishes.
Prefinished Painted Interiors*
Wood window can arrive at the job site with a durable prefinished factory-paint finish.
Prefinished Stained Interiors*
The interiors of Pella Lifestyle Series wood windows are available factory-stained in your choice of seven colors. Between-the-glass grilles will also arrive stain-matched to the window frame and sash.
*Available on Pine products
NOTE: Wood is a product of nature; grain pattern will be unique and may vary on each window or door. Actual finish colors may vary from those shown because of the unique nature of wood.
Learn about all Pella Interior Finishes
Exterior Finishes – Pella Lifestyle Series Awning Window
Pella Lifestyle Series awning windows offer a range of aluminum-clad exterior finish options.
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with a durable, weather-resistant, low-maintenance EnduraClad® coatings.
Exterior Aluminum-Cladding Colors
Morning Sky Gray
*Available on triple-pane products only.
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with Pella's high performance EnduraClad® protective finishes to help keep your vision fresh and crisp for years.
- Durable, low-maintenance EnduraClad aluminum cladding with EnduraClad protective finish for most projects where resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and abrasion is needed. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2603.
- Seacoast EnduraClad protective finish for coastal projects with high salt exposure.
Learn about all Pella Exterior Finishes
Glazing – Pella Lifestyle Series Awning Window
These products come standard with triple-pane glass with space for between-the-glass options, including metal mini-blinds, fabric shades or grilles, for a high degree of light control, privacy and design flexibility.
Pella Lifestyle Series Exclusive Glazing System
Glass options include:
- Advanced Low-E with argon2
- SunDefense™ Low-E with argon2
- NaturalSun Low-E with argon2
View thermal performance
2Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass may not contain argon in most products.
Learn about all Pella Glass Options
Between-the-Glass Options – Pella Lifestyle Series Awning Window
Pella Lifestyle Series triple-glazed products offer the best integrated blinds in the industry, which are accessible and are available with raise-and-lower and tilt functionality.
- Accessible, integrated window treatments arrive custom-fit and installed – a superior value when compared to other aluminum or wood windows with roomside window treatments.
- Removable between-the-glass options are especially applicable for projects such as health care and school facilities where damage to roomside window treatments is more common.
- Putting blinds between the glass provides light control while protecting them from dust and damage, thereby saving on cleaning, maintenance and replacement costs.
- The smooth glass surface creates additional display space for student artwork and graphics.
- The addition of integrated blinds or shades lowers U-Factors and reduces solar heat gain.
- Integrated blinds and shades available motorized with Pella® Insynctive® technology.
Pella Lifestyle Series integrated fabric shades are available in several fabrics, offering various levels of transparency, energy efficiency and sound absorption. Room-darkening fabrics are also available.
- White exterior fabric creates an attractive, uniform look from the street.
- Pella-patented cordless operator – a single sliding handle.
The exterior side of the grille matches the color of the aluminum cladding, and the interior side of the grille is available in unfinished wood, primed, or prefinished paint or stain.
Learn about all Pella Between-the-Glass Options
Grilles – Pella Lifestyle Series Awning Window
Grilles are permanently sealed between panes of insulating glass, protected from dust and damage.
- Between-the-glass grilles may be used in conjunction with integrated blinds or fabric shades.
- Interior is available in unfinished wood, primed, White or matched to prefinished stains.
- Exterior finish matches aluminum cladding.
- Grilles are permanently sealed between panes of insulated glass.
- Grilles are 3/4" wide.
- Special grille patterns are available.
Removable Roomside Grilles
Simulated-Divided-Light with Aluminum Grilles-Between-the-Glass
Learn about all Pella Grille Options
Hardware – Pella Lifestyle Series Awning Window
- Integrated crank with fold-away handle.
- Unison locking system.
- Stainless-steel operating arm and hinges.
- Optional limited opening hardware.
Integrated Crank with Fold-Away Handle
Improves operation and aesthetics and won't interfere with roomside window treatments – standard feature on all Pella awning windows.
- Champagne, White, Brown, Matte Black, Satin Nickel and Oil-Rubbed Bronze finishes are available.
- For operable awnings over 2' 5" in height, the crank is at the sill.
SureLock Unison Lock System
SureLock system pulls the window sash tightly against the weatherstripping to create a stronger seal. A concealed linkage secures multiple locks with a single easy-to-reach handle. For operable awnings over 2' 5" in height, the Unison Lock System is at the jambs.
- Standard Awning: one lock installed on units less than 29" wide, two unison operating locks installed on units over 29" wide.
- Large Awning: one installed on units with frame heights less than 41", two unison operating locks installed on units over 41" frame height.
Roto Operator Assembly
Stainless-steel operator linkage, hinge slide, and hinge arms resist rust and corrosion and ensure years of dependable performance.
The easy wash feature allows exterior glass to be cleaned from inside, reducing maintenance costs.
Learn about all Pella Hardware Options
Screens – Pella Lifestyle Series Awning Window1
Full-screens are optional for Pella Lifestyle Series windows.
- The standard option on all Pella wood windows.
- Allows in 14% more daylight and 8% more airflow than a conventional fiberglass screen.2
- Made from a screen material that's more transparent than conventional fiberglass screens.
Vivid View® Screen
- Available as an upgrade on all Pella wood windows.
- Allows in 29% more light and 21% more airflow than a conventional fiberglass screen.2
- Made from a clearly revolutionary screen material that's practically invisible – providing the crispest, sharpest view.
1 Warning: Use caution when children or pets are around open windows and doors. Screens are not designed to retain children or pets.
2 Screen cloth airflow is based on calculated screen cloth openness. Screen cloth transmittance was measured using an integrated sphere spectrophotometer.
Learn about all Pella Screen Options
Pella Lifestyle Series products are backed by the best limited lifetime warranty for wood windows and patio doors.*Learn More
*Based on comparing written limited warranties of leading national wood window and wood patio door brands. See written limited warranty for details, including exceptions and limitations, at pella.com/warranty.
- Window Parts
- Patio Door Parts