Designer Series® Awning Window
|2D Cross Section
|3D & BIM
|3D & BIM
- Standard with triple-pane glass.
- Removable between-the-glass options including blinds and shades motorized with Pella® Insynctive® Technology.
- Standard awnings in operable sizes up to 4' 5" x 2' 5".
- Large awnings in operable sizes up to 4' 11" x 4' 11".
- Patented Sure-lock system, one lever operates all locks on the sash.
- Limited opening hardware available.
- Performance Grade up to PG70.
A local Pella team member is ready to help you with your project.
- Sizes and Shapes
- Performance Values
- Wood Types
- Interior Finishes
- Exterior Finishes
- Between-the-Glass Options
Sizes and Shapes – Designer Series Awning Window
Standard awnings are available in operable sizes up to 4' 5" wide x 2' 5" high. The operator is at the jamb and the locking system is at the sill.
Large awnings are available in operable sizes up to 4' 11" wide x 4' 11" high. The operator is at the sill and the locking system is at the jambs.
Built-to-order in 1/4" increments.View size tables
Add transoms or adjacent windows for flexible combinations.
Design data available for egress, vent opening, clear opening, visible glass and frame area.View design data
Learn about all Pella Sizes and Shapes
Performance Values – Designer Series Awning Window
These windows provide outstanding resistance to air and water infiltration, wind and outside noise – while increasing energy efficiency, security and ease of operation.
View performance values
View thermal performance
View sound transmission performance
Wood Types – Designer Series Awning Window
Designer Series awning windows are available with Pine interiors and low-maintenance aluminum-clad Pine exteriors. All wood types are treated with Pella's EnduraGuard® wood protection so you can expect years of dependable performance.
Pella's EnduraGuard® wood protection formula has three active ingredients. This powerful combination, together with our immersion-treatment method, helps ensure strong protection on every exterior wood surface of our products. The result is advanced protection against the effects of moisture, decay and stains from mold and mildew.
Learn about all Pella Wood Types
Interior Finishes – Designer Series Awning Window
Interior finish options include unfinished (ready for site finishing), primed, prefinished paint* and prefinished stain*.
Wood products are available with unfinished interiors so they can be painted or stained to complement other interior finishes.
Primed Pine interiors are ready to paint – so the windows can perfectly match other painted interior finishes.
Prefinished Painted Interiors*
Wood window can arrive at the job site with a durable prefinished factory-paint finish.
Prefinished Stained Interiors*
The interiors of Pella Designer Series wood windows are available factory-stained in your choice of nine colors. Between-the-glass grilles will also arrive stain-matched to the window frame and sash.
*Available on Pine products
NOTE: Wood is a product of nature; grain pattern will be unique and may vary on each window or door. Actual finish colors may vary from those shown because of the unique nature of wood.
Learn about all Pella Interior Finishes
Exterior Finishes – Designer Series Awning Window
Pella Designer Series awning windows offer a range of aluminum-clad exterior finish options.
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with durable, weather-resistant, low-maintenance coatings – choose EnduraClad® or 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus1 finishes.
Exterior Aluminum-Cladding Colors
Morning Sky Gray
Pella gives you an extraordinary number of exterior color choices.
- Standard and Feature colors.
- Custom colors to match virtually any color you select.2
- No setup charges or minimum quantities for any Pella color option.
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with Pella's high performance EnduraClad® protective finishes or EnduraClad Plus protective exterior finishes to help keep your vision fresh and crisp for years.
- Durable, low-maintenance EnduraClad aluminum cladding with EnduraClad protective finish for most projects where resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and abrasion is needed. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2603.
- Seacoast EnduraClad protective finish for coastal projects with high salt exposure.
- 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus1 protective finish for select projects, where a high degree of resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and corrosion is needed – and only full-strength 70% fluoropolymer resin finishes can deliver. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2605.
1EnduraClad Plus protective finish is available with most Pella cladding colors. Please see your local Pella representative for specific color availability.
2For Custom colors, please supply your local Pella representative with a 1" x 1" color sample.
Learn about all Pella Exterior Finishes
Glazing – Designer Series Awning Window
These products come standard with triple-pane glass with space for between-the-glass options, including metal mini-blinds, fabric shades or grilles, for a high degree of light control, privacy and design flexibility.
Pella Designer Series Exclusive Glazing System
Glass options include:
- Advanced Low-E with argon3
- SunDefense™ Low-E with argon3
- NaturalSun Low-E with argon3
View thermal performance
1Designer Series windows with Advanced Low-E triple-pane glass have superior NFRC U-Factors and SHGC ratings.
2When compared to top national wood brands with similar glazing, Pella's triple-pane glass significantly reduces sound transmission.
3Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass may not contain argon in most products.
4Improved window energy efficiency calculated in a computer simulation using RESFEN 5.0 default parameters for a 2,000-square-foot existing single-story home when comparing a Pella Designer Series wood window with InsulShield® Advanced Low-E triple-pane glass with argon to a single-pane wood or vinyl window. For details, see pella.com/methodology.
Learn about all Pella Glass Options
Grilles – Designer Series Awning Window
These are the only Pella awning windows with the option of removable between-the-glass grilles, which can be removed for access to blinds or shades for glass cleaning.
Grilles can be removed to get access to other Designer Series window fashions, like blinds or shades, for cleaning or to change the look.
- Between-the-glass grilles may be used in conjunction with between-the-glass blinds or fabric shades.
- Interior is available in unfinished wood, primed, White or matched to prefinished stains.
- Exterior finish matches aluminum cladding.
- Grilles can be removed to access blinds or shades and for glass cleaning.
- Grilles are 3/4" wide.
- Special grille patterns are available.
3/4" Removable Between-the-Glass Grilles
Learn about all Pella Grille Options
Hardware – Designer Series Awning Window
Pella offers customers a broad range of window hardware styles and finishes.
- Integrated crank with fold-away handle.
- Patented unison locking system.
- Stainless-steel operating arm and hinges.
- Optional limited opening hardware.
Integrated Crank with Fold-Away Handle
Improves operation and aesthetics and won't interfere with roomside window treatments – standard feature on all Pella awning windows.
- Champagne, White, Brown, Bright Brass, Satin Nickel and Oil-Rubbed Bronze finishes are available.
- For operable awnings over 2' 5" in height, the crank is at the sill.
SureLock® Unison Lock System
This patented locking system reaches out to pull the sash against the weatherstripping to form a tight seal. A concealed linkage secures multiple locks with a single easy-to-reach handle. For operable awnings over 2' 5" in height, the Unison Lock System is at the jambs.
- Standard Awning: one lock installed on units less than 29" wide, two unison operating locks installed on units over 29" wide.
- Large Awning: one installed on units with frame heights less than 41", two unison operating locks installed on units over 41" frame height.
Roto Operator Assembly
Stainless-steel operator linkage, hinge slide, and hinge arms resist rust and corrosion and ensure years of dependable performance.
The easy wash feature allows exterior glass to be cleaned from inside, reducing maintenance costs.
Learn about all Pella Hardware Options
Screens – Designer Series Awning Window1
Full-screens are optional for Designer Series awning windows. Two types of high-transparency screen fabric are available.
- The standard option on all Pella wood windows.
- Allows in 14% more daylight and 8% more airflow than a conventional fiberglass screen.2
- Made from a screen material that's more transparent than conventional fiberglass screens.
Vivid View® Screen
- Available as an upgrade on all Pella wood windows.
- Allows in 29% more light and 21% more airflow than a conventional fiberglass screen.2
- Made from a clearly revolutionary screen material that's practically invisible – providing the crispest, sharpest view.
1 Warning: Use caution when children or pets are around open windows and doors. Screens are not designed to retain children or pets.
2 Screen cloth airflow is based on calculated screen cloth openness. Screen cloth transmittance was measured using an integrated sphere spectrophotometer.
Learn about all Pella Screen Options
- Window Parts
- Patio Door Parts