Windows Between the Glass Options
Design flexibility and lower maintenance costs
Designer Series® aluminum-clad wood windows are available with cordless, removable between-the-glass blinds, fabric shades and grilles. They're located between the panes of glass, protected from damage, thus reducing cleaning, maintenance and replacement costs.
Dual-Glazing – Between-the-Glass Options
Triple-Glazing – Between-the-Glass Options
Removable between-the-glass blinds and shades improve overall window energy efficiency. Learn more about how they improve insulating value and reduce solar heat gain.
Between-the-Glass Slimshade® Blinds
Designer Series® removable between-the glass blinds are available with tilt-only or raise-and-lower functionality.
- Raise-and-lower Slimshade blinds can be pulled up for an unobstructed view, or tilted to let in just the right amount of light.
- Tilt-only Slimshade blinds offer a clean, uniform look for projects where raise-and-lower functionality is not required.
- Removable between-the-glass blinds provide light control and stay protected from dust and damage.
- Breathe easy. Windows with ordinary roomside blinds accumulate 200 times more of certain airborne allergens than Designer Series windows with removable between-the-glass blinds.*
- The smooth glass surface creates additional display space for student artwork and graphics.
- A wide range of colors lets you make a design and function statement without the need for additional roomside window treatments.
*Based on data from research conducted by the Department of Occupational and Environmental Health at The University of Iowa. Improved health for allergy sufferers.
Designer Series® Between-the-Glass Fabric Shades
- Cellular-style shades are available in several fabrics, offering various levels of transparency, energy efficiency and sound absorption.
- Room-darkening fabric shades are available in Bamboo, Cotton and French Vanilla.
- Removable raise-and-lower fabric shades are available with a choice of either top-down or bottom-up functionality.
Designer Series® Between-the-Glass Grilles
- May be used in conjunction with removable between-the-glass blinds and fabric shades.
- Interior is available in unfinished wood, primed, White or matched to prefinished stains.
- Exterior finish matches aluminum cladding.
- Grilles can be removed for access to blinds or shades and for glass cleaning.
- Grilles are 3/4" wide.
- Special grille patterns are available.
Grille and Blind)
Grille and Shade)
Grille and Shade)