Pella's Architectural Services team is committed to helping your project run as smoothly as possible. We work to meet your schedule, provide the best design analysis and services, and reduce the risk of cost overruns by making sure the bill of materials is correct at the beginning of your project.
In addition, Pella also offers:
- Budget assistance
- Code compliance
- 2-D Computer-Aided Design (CAD) details and 3-D Building Information Modeling (BIM) models for Pella® products
- Preliminary design drawings
- Initial project and product application consulting
- Custom product and installation accessory design
- Engineering analysis
- Specifications review
- Assistance with Green Building requirements
- Mock-ups and samples
- Laboratory testing
Construction Phase Assistance
Your Pella representative will visit the project site to offer initial product selection advice, determine time- and cost-effective installation methods, measure openings and provide replacement or renovation assessment.
In addition, Pella also offers:
- Field measurements
- Detailed installation shop drawings
- Installation solutions
- Field testing
AIA Continuing Education
Pella has been an AIA/CES Registered Provider Charter Member since 1995 and delivers quality learning opportunities in accordance with AIA/CES and Health/Safety/Welfare criteria. In 2006, Pella was the first Registered Provider to receive AIA's highest five-star rating for its continuing education programs.
- One-hour programs presented at your office
- Distance learning programs available
- Contact your local Pella architectural consultant for more information
Pella Architectural Design Manual
The Pella Architectural Design Manual is one of the most comprehensive reference manuals in the industry. Available in hard copy and electronic formats, it provides in depth information about Pella products and installation design, including:
- 3-D CAD symbols for use with BIM projects
- 2-D elevations and product cross-sections available in DWG or DXF formats
- Specifications in 3-part CSI format
- Design and performance data for all products
- Glass performance
- Sound transmission
- Recommended details for common commercial wall conditions
- Installation accessories for new construction and renovation projects
- Advanced performance products for high-rise buildings and coastal locations
- Impact-resistant products for buildings in hurricane zones
Visit the Pella Architectural Design Manual
Pella's Commitment to Environmental Stewardship
Pella takes a comprehensive approach to environmental stewardship that practices responsible forest management, maximizes recycling opportunities, minimizes waste and pollution, reduces energy consumption, uses the latest in waste management strategies and ensures that Pella products are made to last.
- 99% of the sawdust is recycled or reused.
- More than 95% of aluminum sash cladding comes from recycled aluminum.
- About 14% of the glass is from a recycled source.
As a founding member of the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) and volunteer partner in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy's ENERGY STAR® program, Pella manufactures and promotes the use of highly energy-efficient products.
The Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) is an independent, nongovernmental, not-for-profit organization established to promote the responsible management of the world's forests. Pella manufactures and distributes pine windows and doors that comply with FSC Chain-of-Custody (CoC) standards and help achieve LEED® certification.*
As a member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Pella encourages the use of the LEED certification processes and offers products that can contribute to many LEED points.
As a result, Pella products have been used in a number of nationally recognized green projects, including the Phillip Merrill Environmental Center (LEED Platinum), Aldo Leopold Legacy Center (LEED Platinum), IslandWood (LEED Gold) and Schlitz Audubon Nature Center (LEED Gold).
Pella's commitment to environmental stewardship is firmly rooted in our culture and has been since the company was established more than 86 years ago. Founder Pete Kuyper's words in 1950 still ring true today.
*Check with your local Pella commercial representative for the availability of FSC-certified products in your area.Learn more about Pella's commitment to sustainability.
Architectural Scholarship Program
Pella's architectural scholarship program was established in 1985 to recognize outstanding students. Pella values the vital contribution architects make to the world around us and is proud to honor the top students who will soon be entering the workforce, adding to the life-improving benefits provided by the architectural community.
Continuing education credits from Pella
Pella offers quality learning activities in accordance with AIA/CES and Health/Safety/Welfare criteria. We'll come to your office, or you can take a distance learning program.
Learn more about continuing education opportunities from Pella.
Click here to contact us about your project or information needs.CONTACT PELLA