Commercial Architect Support
Our highly qualified Pella commercial representatives are ready to provide full window and door technical support to help you execute your project efficiently at every stage, from schematic design to project closeout – on time and within budget requirements:
- Initial project and product application consultation
- Product performance analysis
- Code compliance guidance
- Window design and installation assistance
- Assistance with Green Building requirements and LEED® certification
- Custom product and installation accessories design
- Product specifications, mock-ups and samples
- 2-D Computer-Aided Design (CAD) details and 3-D Building Information Modeling (BIM) models for Pella® products
- Professional installation shop drawings
- Laboratory and field testing
- Field measurements
- Flexible installation options and/or on-site installation support
From the inception of your project, Pella commercial representatives can help you keep project costs on track by providing detailed window and door budgets during the design development and working drawing phases.
Pella Commercial offers design and specifying professionals three types of drawings that specifically address each project's level of complexity.
Custom elevation drawings are available for one-of-a-kind products.
Preliminary Design Drawings
Preliminary design drawings are available during the design development and working drawing phases of the project.
- Typical elevations and recommended installation details are included for typical project windows and/or combinations of windows.
- These drawings reduce research time and can be sent in an electronic format so they can be easily plugged into working drawings.
Installation Shop Drawings
Pella's installation shop drawings provide a common document that communicates the design intent of the architect/specifier to the builder, installer, Pella representative, order entry personnel and delivery personnel.
- Total installation solutions customized to the specific wall specifications and detailed installation sections with flashing, sealant, reinforcing and attaching requirements are included.
- Pella can also provide floor plans and building elevations to help locate the window at the job site, by request.
- Drawings can be delivered to all parties via email for review, electronic markup and return – thus reducing time and cost of the approval process.
Your Pella commercial representative will visit the project site to offer initial product selection advice, determine time- and cost-effective installation methods, measure openings and provide replacement or renovation assessments.
Your Pella commercial representative will provide the information you need to write window and door specifications that help eliminate additional costs resulting from redundancies and contradictions, which often require addenda or change orders – and help you make the specifications as competitive or proprietary as you wish.
Electronic Drawings and Specifications
To make your construction documents more accurate and easier to create, Pella Commercial offers:
- 2-D CAD drawings in DXF and DWG formats
- 3-D models for use with SketchUp and Revit
Pella's thermal analysis services help optimize your building's performance by increasing occupant comfort and decreasing energy use. Detailed thermal models along with air infiltration, U value and solar heat gain comparisons can help you create a fenestration-to-wall interface design that meets your project's goals.
Architect Continuing Education
Pella has been an AIA/CES Registered Provider Charter Member since 1995 and delivers quality-learning opportunities in accordance with AIA/CES and Health/Safety/Welfare and Sustainable Design criteria.Learn more about Pella's continuing education courses.
Pella Architectural Design Manual
The Pella Architectural Design Manual is one of the most comprehensive reference manuals in the industry. Available in hard copy and electronic formats, it provides in depth information about Pella products and installation design, including:
- 3-D CAD symbols for use with BIM projects
- 2-D elevations and product cross-sections available in DWG or DXF formats
- Specifications in 3-part CSI format
- Design and performance data for all products
- Glass performance
- Sound transmission
- Recommended details for common commercial wall conditions
- Installation accessories for new construction and renovation projects
- Advanced performance products for high-rise buildings and coastal locations
- Impact-resistant products for buildings in hurricane zones
Architectural Design Manual
Architectural Design Manual app for tablet and mobile users
Pella's Commitment to Environmental Stewardship
Pella takes a comprehensive approach to environmental stewardship that practices responsible forest management, maximizes recycling opportunities, minimizes waste and pollution, reduces energy consumption, uses the latest in waste management strategies and ensures that Pella products are made to last.
- 99% of the sawdust is recycled or reused.
- More than 95% of aluminum sash cladding comes from recycled aluminum.
- About 14% of the glass is from a recycled source.
As a founding member of the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) and volunteer partner in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy's ENERGY STAR® program, Pella manufactures and promotes the use of highly energy-efficient products.
The Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) is an independent, nongovernmental, not-for-profit organization established to promote the responsible management of the world's forests. Pella manufactures and distributes pine windows and doors that comply with FSC Chain-of-Custody (CoC) standards and help achieve LEED® certification.*
As a member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Pella encourages the use of the LEED certification processes and offers products that can contribute to many LEED points.
As a result, Pella products have been used in a number of nationally recognized green projects, including the Phillip Merrill Environmental Center (LEED Platinum), Aldo Leopold Legacy Center (LEED Platinum), IslandWood (LEED Gold) and Schlitz Audubon Nature Center (LEED Gold).
Pella's commitment to environmental stewardship is firmly rooted in our culture and has been since the company was established more than 86 years ago. Founder Pete Kuyper's words in 1950 still ring true today.
*Check with your local Pella commercial representative for the availability of FSC-certified products in your area.Learn more about Pella's commitment to sustainability.
Architectural Scholarship Program
Pella's architectural scholarship program was established in 1985 to recognize outstanding students. Pella values the vital contribution architects make to the world around us and is proud to honor the top students who will soon be entering the workforce, adding to the life-improving benefits provided by the architectural community.