Pella® Impervia® Sliding Patio Doors
|2D Cross Section
- Made with Pella's patented Duracast®> fiberglass composite material
- Standard and custom sizes up to 7' 11-1/2" x 7' 11-1/2"
- Operable door panels are on the exterior for added resistance to water infiltration
- Performance Grade up to PG50
A local Pella team member is ready to help you with your project.
- Sizes and Shapes
- Performance Values
- Interior Finishes
- Exterior Finishes
Performance Values – Pella Impervia Sliding Patio Door
These doors provide outstanding resistance to air and water infiltration, wind and outside noise – while increasing energy efficiency, security and ease of operation.
Optional Foam Insulation
Insulating foam inside the panels further improves energy efficiency.
Materials – Pella Impervia Sliding Patio Door
Pella Impervia sliding patio doors are made from Pella's patented five-layer, engineered Duracast® fiberglass composite.
- A fiberglass composite sharing the same properties of strength, durability and temperature resistance as materials used in the aerospace industry
- Allows Pella Impervia products to withstand extreme conditions better than doors made from other materials
- Highly stable material won't expand, warp or sag in summer heat, or shrink and turn brittle in harsh winter conditions
Aluminum with Thermal Break
Nine times stronger than vinyl and twice as strong as aluminum.*
|Very Good||Very Good||Fair|
Withstands heat up to 200F and cold down to -40F.
Low expansion and contraction rate assures consistent, weathertight seal between sash and frame.
Withstands impacts without deformation.
*In testing performed in accordance with ASTM testing standards, Pella's Duracast fiberglass composite has displayed superior performance in strength, ability to withstand extreme heat and cold, and resistance to dents and scratches.
- Unlike aluminum, which is a natural conductor, Duracast fiberglass composite offers excellent insulating properties and exceptional energy efficiency
- The U-Factor of the Duracast frame is 2.4 times better than thermally broken aluminum
- When compared to thermally broken aluminum, Duracast offers greater resistance to condensation and superior thermal comfort to those seated near windows
- Unlike vinyl or aluminum, Duracast fiberglass composite offers low expansion and contraction rates that help ensure a consistent bond between sash and glass and a weathertight fit between sash and frame
- Duracast withstands extreme heat (up to 200° F) without warping, sagging or softening – even in dark colors
- Duracast withstands extreme cold (as low as -40° F), unlike vinyl, which becomes brittle in extreme cold
- Duracast fiberglass composite withstands major impacts without deformation, especially in cold weather
- Duracast features a low-maintenance, factory-applied powder-coat finish that resists chalking and fading – even in dark colors
View all Pella Materials
Interior Finishes – Pella Impervia Sliding Patio Door
Pella Impervia sliding patio doors feature a low-maintenance, factory-applied powder-coat paint finish in White, Tan, Morning Sky Gray, Brown or Black. And Pella's dual-color option provides more style and design flexibility the products offer a White interior with the choice of a Tan, Morning Sky Gray, Brown or Black exterior.
Morning Sky Gray
Exterior Finishes – Pella Impervia Sliding Patio Door
Pella Impervia sliding patio doors feature a low-maintenance, factory-applied powder-coat paint finish.
- Resists chalking and fading – even in dark colors
- Available in White, Tan, Morning Sky Gray, Brown or Black. And Pella's dual-color option provides more style and design flexibility – the products offer a White interior with the choice of a Tan, Morning Sky Gray, Brown or Black exterior
Morning Sky Gray
Glazing – Pella Impervia Sliding Patio Door
A variety of glass options are available for optimal design, performance and budget flexibility.
Insulating glass options include:
- Advanced Low-E with argon*
- SunDefense™ Low-E with argon*
- NaturalSun Low-E with argon*
- Advanced Comfort
Pella's Low-E glass options reduce the transmission of solar heat gain and ultraviolet light while allowing the transmission of visible light.
1Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass may not contain argon in most products.
Grilles – Pella Impervia Sliding Patio Door
Pella Impervia sliding patio doors are available with grilles-between-the-glass that match the frame color and include a variety of grille patterns.
- Aluminum grilles with 3/4" contour are permanently sealed between the panes of insulating glass
- Finish is color-matched to interior and exterior frame color
Hardware – Pella Impervia Sliding Patio Door
A range of hardware options and finishes are available to meet most design objectives and budgetary requirements.
- Multipoint locking system for added security
- Interior thumblock for easy one-hand operation
- Optional exterior keylock for secure access
- Optional footbolt for secure ventilation
- Adjustable ball-bearing rollers for easy operation
- Standard hardware in White, Tan, Morning Sky Gray, Brown or Black is available to match the frame and additional accessories
- Optional hardware finishes can match other decorative metals in the project's design
Multipoint locking system secures the door at multiple points on the jamb for added security.
- Meets the highest Forced Entry Resistance Level of Grade 40 per ASTM F832
- Electroplated steel with adjustable stainless-steel strikes, suitable for seacoast applications
Screens – Pella Impervia Sliding Patio Door
Full screens with conventional fiberglass screen cloth are optional for Pella Impervia sliding patio doors. InView™ Screens, made of high-transparency screen fabric, are also available.
Available as an optional upgrade on Pella Impervia patio doors.
- Allows in 14% more daylight and 8% more airflow than a conventional fiberglass screen2
- Made from a screen material that's more transparent than conventional fiberglass screens
1Warning: Use caution when children or pets are around open windows and doors. Screens are not designed to retain children or pets.
2Screen cloth airflow is based on calculated screen cloth openness. Screen cloth transmittance was measured using an integrated sphere spectrophotometer.
- Window Parts
- Patio Door Parts