Designer Series® Out-Swing Hinged Patio Doors
|Specifications & Downloads|
|2D Cross Section
- Sizes and Shapes
- Performance Values
- Interior Finishes
- Exterior Finishes
- Between-the-Glass Options
Sizes and Shapes – Designer Series Out-Swing Patio Door
- Standard sizes available.
- Add transoms for flexible combinations.
- Design data available for vent opening, clear opening, visible glass and frame area.
Rectangular shapes with several door panel configurations are available.
View all Pella Sizes and Shapes.
Performance Values – Designer Series Out-Swing Patio Door
These patio doors provide outstanding resistance to air and water infiltration, wind and outside noise —while increasing energy efficiency, security and ease of operation.
Interior Finishes – Designer Series Out-Swing Patio Door
Interior finish options include unfinished (ready for site finishing), primed, prefinished paint* and prefinished stain*.
Wood products are available with unfinished interiors so they can be painted or stained to complement other interior finishes.
Primed Pine interiors are ready to paint — so the doors can perfectly match other painted interior finishes.
Prefinished Painted Interiors*
Wood door can arrive at the job site with a durable prefinished factory-paint finish.
Prefinished Stained Interiors*
The interiors of Pella Designer Series wood doors are available factory-stained in your choice of eight colors. Between-the-glass grilles will also arrive stain-matched to the door frame and panel.
*Available on Pine products.
NOTE: Wood is a product of nature; grain pattern will be unique and may vary on each window or door. Actual finish colors may vary from those shown because of the unique nature of wood.
Learn more about all Pella Interior Finishes.
Exterior Finishes – Designer Series Out-Swing Patio Door
Pella Designer Series out-swing hinged patio doors offer a range of aluminum-clad wood exterior options.
Designer Series Exclusive Glazing System
- Dual-pane Glass – Designer Series dual glazing system is primarily used in Commercial building applications.
- Triple-pane Glass – Designer Series casement windows with Advanced Low-E triple-pane glass are #1 for energy efficiency2 and noise reduction3 among top national wood brands
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with durable, weather-resistant, low-maintenance coatings — choose EnduraClad® protective finishes or 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus1 finishes.
Exterior Aluminum-Cladding Colors
Morning Sky Gray
Pella gives you an extraordinary number of exterior color choices.
- Standard and Feature colors.
- Custom colors to match virtually any color you select.2
- No setup charges or minimum quantities for any Pella color option.
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with Pella's high performance EnduraClad protective finishes or EnduraClad Plus protective exterior finishes to help keep your vision fresh and crisp for years.
- Durable, low-maintenance EnduraClad aluminum cladding with EnduraClad protective finish for most projects where resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and abrasion is needed. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2603.
- Seacoast EnduraClad protective finish for coastal projects with high salt exposure.
- 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus1 protective finish for select projects, where a high degree of resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and corrosion is needed — and only full-strength 70% fluoropolymer resin finishes can deliver. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2605.
1EnduraClad Plus protective finish is available with most Pella cladding colors. Please see your local Pella representative for specific color availability.
2For Custom colors, please supply your architectural consultant with a 1" x 1" color sample.
Learn more about all Pella Exterior Finishes.
Glazing – Designer Series Out-Swing Patio Door
These products offer two exclusive glazing systems each with additional glazing options for optimal design, performance and budget flexibility. Both offer space for two between-the-glass options, including metal mini-blinds, fabric shades or grilles, for a high degree of light control, privacy and design flexibility.
Pella Designer Series Exclusive Glazing System
- Triple-pane Glass — Designer Series out-swing hinged patio doors with Advanced Low-E triple-pane glass are #1 for energy efficiency1 and noise reduction2 among top national wood brands.
- Dual-pane Glass — Designer Series dual glazing system is primarily used in Commercial building applications.
Glass Options Include:
- Advanced Low-E with argon3
- SunDefense™ Low-E with argon3
- NaturalSun Low-E with argon3
1Designer Series patio doors with Advanced Low-E triple-pane glass have superior NFRC U-Factors and SHGC ratings.
2When compared to top national wood brands with similar glazing, Pella's triple-pane glass significantly reduces sound transmission.
3Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass may not contain argon in most products.
Learn more about all Pella Glass Options.
Between-the-Glass Options – Designer Series Out-Swing Patio Door
Designer Series products feature cordless between-the-glass blinds, fabric shades and grilles.
- Removable between-the-glass window treatments arrive custom-fit and installed — a superior value when compared to other aluminum, vinyl, fiberglass or wood doors with roomside window treatments.
- Removable between-the-glass options are especially applicable in high-traffic areas where damage to roomside window treatments is more common.
- Removable between-the-glass blinds provide light control and stay protected from dust and damage — saving on cleaning, maintenance and replacement costs.
- The addition of between-the-glass blinds or shades lowers U-Factors and reduces solar heat gain. View between-the-glass thermal performance.
Dual-Glazing — Between-the-Glass-Options
Triple-Glazing — Between-the-Glass-Options
Tilt-only Slimshade blinds are a great solution for projects where raise-and-lower functionality is not required.
Removable raise-and-lower Slimshade blinds feature a Pella-patented cordless operator – a single sliding handle – to raise, lower and tilt blinds.
Patio doors with ordinary roomside blinds accumulate 200 times more of certain airborne allergens than Pella® Designer Series® patio doors with removable between-the-glass blinds.*
Slimshade Blind Colors
*Based on data from research conducted by the Department of Occupational Environmental Health at The University of Iowa. Improved home health for allergy sufferers.
Removable between-the-glass fabric shades are available in several fabrics, offering various levels of transparency, energy efficiency and sound absorption. Room-darkening fabrics are also available.
- White exterior fabric creates an attractive, uniform look from the street.
- Pella-patented cordless operator — a single sliding handle — raises and lowers shades.
- Room-darkening fabric shades available in Bamboo, Cotton — suitable for rooms with audio visual equipment.
The exterior side of the grille matches the color of the aluminum cladding, and the interior side of the grille is available in unfinished wood, primed, or prefinished paint or stain.
View all Pella Between-the-Glass Options.
Grilles – Designer Series Out-Swing Patio Door
These are the only Pella awning windows with the option of removable between-the-glass grilles, which can be removed for access to blinds or shades for glass cleaning.
Grilles can be removed to get access to other Designer Series window fashions, like blinds or shades, for cleaning or to change the look.
- Between-the-glass grilles may be used in conjunction with between-the-glass blinds or fabric shades.
- Interior is available in unfinished wood, primed, White or matched to prefinished stains.
- Exterior finish matches aluminum cladding.
- Grilles can be removed to access blinds or shades and for glass cleaning.
- Grilles are 3/4" wide.
- Special grille patterns are available.
3/4" Removable Between-the-Glass-Grilles
Learn more about all Pella Grille Options.
Hardware – Designer Series Out-Swing Patio Door
A broad range of innovative and secure out-swing hinged patio door hardware options are available to customers.
- Pella hardware available in six finishes.
- Solid bronze Rocky Mountain® Hardware also available.
- Adjustable hinges.
- Multipoint locking system for added security.
- Flushbolt locking system on double doors.
Hinged Patio Door Handles
- Available in baked-enamel Brown and today's most popular metal finishes: Bright Brass, Satin Nickel, Oil-Rubbed Bronze*, Antique Brass and Chrome.
- Bright Brass and Satin Nickel Endura Hardware™ finishes are PVD High Performance finishes which offer superior corrosion resistance and a 10-year warranty. See written warranty for complete details.
- Finish options complement other decorative metals in the building's interior and exterior design.
- Solid brass handles and keylock with configured C-K keyway pinlock cylinder.
- Key cylinder finish available in Bright Brass, Oil-Rubbed Bronze* or Stainless Steel.
*Oil-Rubbed Bronze is a living finish that will develop its own unique patina with use.
Rocky Mountain® Hardware
Hinged Patio Doors
- Designed for exceptional beauty and durability.
- Each piece is cast in solid bronze.
- Available in a diverse palette of finishes that develop rich patinas over time.
Adjustable hinges allow for horizontal and vertical adjustment after the door has been permanently installed, ensuring smooth operation over time.
- Three hinges on doors with a frame height of 7' 0" or less.
- Four hinges on doors over 7' 0" frame height up to and including 8' 0" frame height.
- Hinge color matches exterior door cladding.
The mortised and keyed multipoint locking system secures the door at three points for added security.
- Center deadbolt and shoot-bolts at head and sill engage simultaneously.
Flushbolt Locking System
Two flushbolt levers located near the handle of the inactive panel make it easy to engage and disengage the flushbolts at the top and bottom of the panel.
Pella Hardware Options.
Screens – Designer Series Out-Swing Patio Door
Screens are not available on out-swing hinged patio doors.
*Double-glazing also available.
Custom Door Solutions
Pella allows you to offer your customers virtually unlimited sizes, shapes, grilles patterns, exterior colors and more. These one of a kind products offer unequaled performance and limitless design flexibility.
Learn more about custom solutions from Pella.
Click here to contact us about your project or information needs.CONTACT PELLA