Architect Series® Traditional
Out-Swing Hinged Commercial Door
|2D Cross Section
|3D & BIM
|Design and Performance
- Wood and aluminum-clad wood options.
- Durable extruded aluminum panel cladding.
- Standard sizes up to 6' 1-1/2" x 7' 11-1/2".
- 32" clear opening widths and low-profile, ADA compliant sills are standard.
- Additional fiberglass and steel panel options available with low-profile ADA sills.
- Ball-bearing hinges are standard.
A local Pella team member is ready to help you with your project.
Sizes and Shapes – Architect Series Traditional Out-Swing Hinged Commercial Door
Built-to-order in 1/8" increments.
Add transoms or sidelights for flexible combinations.
Design data available for single- and double-panel doors, as well as sidelights and transoms, including clear opening, vent area, visible glass and frame area.
View all Pella Sizes and Shapes
Wood Types – Architect Series Traditional Out-Swing Hinged Commercial Door
Architect Series commercial entrance doors are the only Pella entrance doors available in three different wood types to complement other wood design elements in your project. And wood types are treated with Pella's exclusive EnduraGuard® triple-wood protection so you can expect years of dependable performance.
Pella's EnduraGuard® wood protection formula has three active ingredients. This powerful combination, together with our immersion-treatment method, helps ensure strong protection on every exterior wood surface of our products. The result is advanced protection against the effects of moisture, decay and stains from mold and mildew.
Because we're always working to further refine our products and develop new ones, specifications may change without notice.
NOTE: Wood is a product of nature; grain pattern will be unique and may vary on each window or door. Actual finish colors may vary from those shown because of the unique nature of wood.
Learn more about all Pella Wood Types
Interior Finishes – Architect Series Traditional Out-Swing Hinged Commercial Door
Options include unfinished (ready for site finishing), primed, prefinished paint* and prefinished stain*.
Unfinished interiors can be painted or stained to complement other interior finishes.
Primed Pine interiors are ready to paint – so that the doors can perfectly match other painted interior finishes.
Prefinished Painted Interiors*
Wood window can arrive at the job site with a durable prefinished factory-paint finish.
Prefinished Stained Interiors*
The interiors of Pella Architect Series Traditional Collection wood doors are available factory-stained in your choice of nine colors.
*Available on Pine products.
Exterior Finishes – Architect Series Traditional Out-Swing Hinged Commercial Door
A range of aluminum-clad wood and wood exterior options are available.
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with durable, weather-resistant, low-maintenance coatings – choose EnduraClad® or 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus1 finishes. Primed and ready-to-paint or unfinished wood exteriors are also available.
Exterior Aluminum-Cladding Colors
Morning Sky Gray
Pella gives you an extraordinary number of exterior color choices.
- Standard colors.
- Dual color options for panel and frame.
- Custom colors to match virtually any color you select.2
- No setup charges or minimum quantities for any Pella color option.
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with Pella's high performance EnduraClad® protective finishes or EnduraClad Plus protective exterior finishes to help keep your vision fresh and crisp for years.
- Durable, low-maintenance EnduraClad aluminum cladding with EnduraClad protective finish for most projects where resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and abrasion is needed. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2603.
- Seacoast EnduraClad protective finish for coastal projects with high salt exposure.
- 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus1 protective finish for select projects, where a high degree of resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and corrosion is needed – and only full-strength 70% fluoropolymer resin finishes can deliver. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2605.
The option of unfinished wood exteriors is available, along with primed wood exteriors.
- Mahogany exteriors – can be stained or painted.
- Primed Pine or Mahogany exteriors – ready for final site finishing.
Primed (Pine or Mahogany)
1EnduraClad Plus finish is available with most Pella cladding colors. Please see your local Pella representative for specific color availability.
2For Custom colors, please supply your local Pella representative with a 1" x 1" color sample.
Glazing – Architect Series Traditional Out-Swing Hinged Commercial Door
These products offer Pella's widest variety of glazing systems and options for optimal design, performance and budget flexibility.
Insulating glass options Include:
- Advanced Low-E with argon*
- SunDefense™ Low-E with argon*
- NaturalSun Low-E with argon*
- AdvancedComfort Low-E with argon*
Intermediate Rail and Flat Panel Options
- 6" intermediate rail is three-ply construction – randomly finger-jointed blocks laminated with water-resistant glue and veneered on both sides.
- Clad flat panel exterior is .080" aluminum.
- Flat panel is an LVL construction with veneered interior exposed surfaces.
- Standard placement: 6" intermediate rail 38" OC from the bottom of the door sill.
*Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass may not contain argon in most products.
Aluminum-clad wood commercial entrance doors
Wood commercial entrance doors
Grilles –Architect Series Traditional Out-Swing Hinged Commercial Door
Three grille types are available on Architect Series commercial entrance doors.
- Integral Light Technology® Grilles are historically accurate; adhered to the exterior and interior face
- Grilles-between-the-glass are permanent aluminum grilles that are factory installed between the panes of glass to provide easy cleaning
- Removable Interior grilles can be removed for glass cleaning
Integral Light Technology® Grilles
Removable Interior Grilles
Integral Light Technology® (ILT) Grilles
Combine the historical look of true divided lights with today's energy efficiency, structural integrity and water-resistant performance.
- Grilles are adhered to the outside of the glass – wood on the interior and aluminum on the exterior
- Between-the-glass nonglare foam spacers, which are aligned with the interior and exterior grilles, replicate the appearance of true divided lights – and offer thermal performance vastly superior to metal spacers
- Grilles have been approved the National Park Service on a project-by-project basis for use on historic projects involving federal tax credits
5/8" width (Ogee and Putty Glaze profiles)
7/8" width (Ogee and Putty Glaze profiles)
1-1/4" width (Ogee and Putty Glaze profiles)
2" width (Ogee profile only)
Permanent aluminum grilles are factory-installed inside the airspace of insulating glass to provide the look of divided lights while making glass cleaning easy.
- Exterior finish matches aluminum-cladding color
- Eight interior colors are available
- Grilles are 3/4" wide
Grille Interior Colors
*Available with matching exterior grille color only.
Removable interior grilles
Roomside wood interior grilles are securely attached to the interior, but can be removed for glass cleaning.
- Available prefinished to match the interior wood finish and exterior cladding
- Available in two standard and custom widths
Also available in custom widths.
Hardware – Architect Series Traditional Out-Swing Hinged Commercial Door
These doors are supplied without hardware to accommodate various hardware needs driven by local code requirements and architectural specifications.
Guidelines for selecting hardware from your supplier:
- Maximum mortise route dimensions are shown below for doors with standard stile dimensions.
- Maximum height of the mortise route is 10".
- Routes should be sealed before the locks are installed for added moisture protection.
- Maximum diameter of bore is 2-1/8".
- Minimum backset is 2-3/8"; maximum is 2-3/4".
- Surface-applied door closers with mounting devices that anchor into the structural header of the rough opening are recommended.
- Devices that anchor to the door frame only are not approved for use on Pella doors.
- Concealed closers that are routed into the top of the door panel are not recommended.
- Surface-mounted vertical rod hardware is recommended.
- Concealed vertical rod hardware is not recommended.
Kick plates and push plates
- Recommended to protect the wood veneer.
Mortise Lock route, Cylinder Lock bores
Sill and Hinge Finishes
- Bronze anodized
- Brass anodized
Note: Hinge finish will complement the sill finish.
- Three hinges on doors with a frame height of 6'10" or less.
- Four hinges on doors over 6' 10" frame height up to and including 8' 0" frame height.
- Five hinges on doors over 8' 0" frame height up to and including 10' 0" frame height.
Learn more about all Pella Hardware options
Screens – Architect Series Traditional Out-Swing Hinged Commercial Door
Screens are not available on commercial entrance doors.