A Variety of Screen Types, Cloths and Frame Finishes
Innovative Screen1 Options
Pella offers screens for sliding patio doors and in-swing hinged patio doors. Screens for commercial entrance doors or out-swing hinged patio doors are not available.
Depending on the product series, sliding patio doors are available with three screen types:
Sliding Screen Doors
Encompass by Pella
Vinyl Sliding Door with
Sliding Screen Door
Sliding screens are available on most sliding patio doors, except Architect Series® and Designer Series® aluminum-clad wood sliding doors.
Self-Closing Screen Doors
Sliding Door with
Self-Closing Screen Door
Pella's self-closing screen door gently closes every time someone enters or exits. Available on Architect Series® Traditional and Designer Series aluminum-clad wood sliding patio doors.
Pella Rolscreen® Retractable Screens
- This optional self-storing screen rolls away and out of sight when not in use, allowing more light to flow into a room.
- Features soft-close retraction.
- An excellent screen solution for multifamily projects and hotels with beautiful views.
- When rolled away, they're completely protected from the elements - helping reduce maintenance costs.
- Available as an optional feature on Architect Series® Reserve™, Architect Series and Designer Series aluminum-clad wood sliding patio doors; and Pella® 350 Series sliding patio doors.
Architect Series Aluminum-Clad Wood Sliding Door with Retractable Screen
Stores out of sight
Glides easily away
Latches securely in place
Depending on the product series, sliding patio doors are available with two types of screen cloth:
- Conventional fiberglass
- InView™ High-transparency fiberglass
Conventional Fiberglass Screens
- Durable and functional.
- Allow in the light and breeze.
- Provide a standard level of clarity.
- Available as a standard option on Pella® fiberglass and vinyl sliding patio door screens.
InView™ High-Transparency Fiberglass Screens
- Let in 14% more light and 8% more airflow than conventional fiberglass screens.2
- Standard option on Architect Series® Reserve™, Architect Series®, Designer Series® and Pella® 450 Series aluminum-clad wood sliding doors.
- Standard option for Rolscreen retractable screens.
- Optional screen cloth on Pella Impervia fiberglass sliding doors.
Screen Frame Finishes
Pella screen frame finishes vary by product series.
- Aluminum-clad wood sliding patio doors – screen frame finishes vary by screen type and product series.
- Fiberglass sliding patio doors – screen frame is color-matched to the door frame in White, Tan or Brown.
- Vinyl sliding patio doors – screen frame is color-matched to the door frame in White, Almond or Brown3.
Depending on the product series, in-swing hinged patio doors are available with two screen types:
Hinged Screen Doors
Hinged screens are available on:
- All Architect Series and Designer Series aluminum-clad wood in-swing hinged patio doors.
- Pella 450 Series aluminum-clad wood single panel in-swing hinged patio doors.
- Hinged screen doors open outward.
- Screen finish matches exterior aluminum cladding color.
Sliding Screen Doors
Sliding screen doors are available on Pella 450 Series aluminum-clad wood 2-panel in-swing hinged patio doors. Screen finish matches exterior aluminum-cladding color.
All screens on aluminum-clad wood in-swing hinged patio doors are available with high-transparency InView™ screens that let in 14% more light and 8% more airflow than conventional fiberglass screens.2
1 Warning: Use caution when children or pets are around open windows and doors. Screens are not designed to retain children or pets.
2 Screen cloth airflow is based on calculated screen cloth openness. Screen cloth transmittance was measured using an integrated sphere spectrophotometer.
3Brown screen offered in Pella 350 Series only.
A local Pella team member is ready to help you with your project.
Request a Consultation
Contact us for assistance when planning your project. We can help you select a door screen to meet your daylighting, ventilation and design objectives.