Door Between the Glass Options
Design flexibility and lower maintenance costs
Pella offers between-the-glass options for commercial entrances and patio doors.
For projects where between-the-glass blinds or shades would fit your commercial entrance door needs, Pella offers the following options:
- Fiberglass and steel entrance doors are available with blinds between insulating glass.
- Designer Series® out-swing hinged doors are available with blinds, shades and grilles between the panes of glass. Since these doors are available with low profile sills, they can be used at building entrances where a single door or active-inactive double door meets code requirements, and the hardware solution allows access to the between-the-glass options.
Pella Designer Series aluminum-clad wood patio doors are available with cordless, removable between-the-glass blinds, fabric shades and grilles. They're located between the panes of glass, protected from damage, thus reducing cleaning, maintenance and replacement costs.
Pella® 350 Series Sliding Door with Permanent Shades
Pella also offers permanent blinds between insulating glass on Encompass by Pella® and Pella 350 Series vinyl sliding patio doors. Pella 350 Series sliding doors also offer an option for permanent shades between insulating glass.
Designer Series Aluminum-Clad Wood Sliding Patio Doors
French Designer Series with Dual-Glazing, Grilles* and Blinds
French Designer Series with Triple-Glazing, Grilles* and Shades
Contemporary Designer Series with Triple-Glazing, Grilles* and Shades
Contemporary Designer Series with Dual-Glazing, Grilles* and Shades
*Grilles illustrated with brown outline.
Designer Series Aluminum-Clad Wood In-Swing Hinged Patio Doors
Designer Series with Low-Profile Sill1
Designer Series with Dual-Glazing, Grilles2 and Blinds
Designer Series with Triple-Glazing, Grilles2 and Shades
1Available with dual- or triple-glazing.
2Grilles illustrated with brown outline.
Designer Series Aluminum-Clad Wood Out-Swing Hinged Patio Doors
Designer Series with Dual-Glazing and a Low-Profile Sill
Designer Series with Triple-Glazing and a Low-Profile Sill
Designer Series with Triple-Glazing, Grilles* and Blinds
Designer Series with Dual-Glazing, Grilles* and Shades
*Grilles illustrated with brown outline.
Encompass by Pella and Pella 350 Series vinyl sliding patio doors also offer between-the-glass options, which include raise-and-lower blinds and fabric shades permanently sealed between-the-glass.
Designer Series® Between-the-Glass Slimshade® Blinds
- Slimshade blinds can be pulled up for an unobstructed view, or tilted to let in just the right amount of light.
- Removable between-the-glass blinds provide light control and stay protected from dust and damage.
- Breathe easy. Doors with ordinary roomside blinds accumulate 200 times more of certain airborne allergens than Pella Designer Series doors with between-the-glass blinds.*
- A wide range of colors lets you make a design and function statement without the need for additional roomside window treatments.
*Based on data from research conducted by the Department of Occupational and Environmental Health at The University of Iowa. Improved home health for allergy sufferers.
Pella 350 Series Sliding Door with Raise-and-Lower Blinds
Encompass by Pella Sliding Door with Raise-and-Lower Blinds
Permanent blinds-between-the-glass are available on Encompass by Pella® and Pella® 350 Series vinyl sliding patio doors.
Designer Series® Between-the-Glass Fabric Shades
- Cellular-style fabric shade options offer various levels of transparency, energy efficiency and sound absorption.
- Room-darkening fabric shades are available (Cotton, French Vanilla or Bamboo).
Permanent shades-between-the-glass are available on Pella® 350 Series vinyl sliding patio doors.
Designer Series® Between-the-Glass Grilles
- May be used in conjunction with between-the-glass blinds, fabric shades or decorative panels*.
- Interior is available in unfinished wood, primed, White or matched to prefinished stains.
- Exterior finish matches aluminum cladding.
- Grilles can be removed for access to blinds, shades or decorative panels* and for glass cleaning.
- Grilles are 3/4" wide.
- Special grille patterns are available.
3/4" Removable Between-the-Glass Grilles
Dual-Glazing (Shown with Grille and Blind)
Triple-Glazing (Shown with Grille and Shade)
Designer Series Sliding Door with Shades and Grilles
*Decorative panels available with triple-glazing products only.
Pella® 450 Series Sliding Door with Permanent Grilles-Between-the-Glass
Permanent aluminum grilles between-the-glass are also available on Architect Series®, Pella 450 Series, Pella® Impervia®, Encompass by Pella® and Pella® 350 Series patio doors.